What a surprise! I found out yesterday that I had been chosen to receive an award.
The Versatile Blogger Award.
I have seen this award on several other blogs………but, to be honest, I never really considered what it was all about. And now, it appears I am the recipient of this prestigious award thanks to Karin Bachmann of Pieterlen, Switzerland who nominated me.
Karin Bachmann is a fellow author, a blogger (she blogs in both English and German) and is a favorite twitter corespondent @BookwormKarin.
Karin writes mostly for children but every once in a while she takes on a more mysterious assignment. One of her latest short stories appears in the upcoming anthology “Mord in Switzerland.” The paperback book launch is scheduled for February 22, 2013 - published by ”Appenzeller Verlag”, Herisau – ISBN 978-3-85882-653-4.
Nominated by: Karin Bachmann
Please note that I’m not going to follow all the rules associated with the award. I am just going to nominate ten bloggers. If I have nominated your blog and you don’t want to take part in the promulgation of the program, that’s okay with me. There is no obligation whatsoever to participate or to respond. I am merely listing blogs that I find interesting and believe will be interesting for other web browsers to follow.
The Versatile Blogger Award rules:
• Display the award certificate on your website
• Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
• Present awards to as many as fifteen deserving bloggers.
• Drop them an email to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post.
• Post seven interesting things about yourself.
About Mark Brandon Allen:
(Seven interesting things? Maybe. Maybe not.)
1. The man behind the curtain: Mark Brandon Allen is the pen name of A. L. Gengler.
2. Work routine: Writes best in the late night hours, midnight to 3:00 am.
3. First published work 1949: Poem “Why” in Reveille.
4. Longest re-write: Fifty years to complete an epic poem, “Fifth World Temporal.”
5. Accomplished chef: Ethnic stuff, German and Romanian dishes.
6. G-scale model train enthusiast: Blogs http://Illianaroad.com/ .
7. Here’s some trivia: Played on first Aurora College Basketball team to score over 100 points in a game (AC vs. Uof I Chicago 1952.)
Okay, enough about yours truly. Check out my nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award.
The Nominees Are
Jace Daniel: http://jaced.com/
Gabi Moskowitz: http://brokeassgourmet.com/
Mark Cassell: http://www.scribefrombeneath.blogspot.co.uk/
Dante Romero: http://www.danteromero.com/home.html
Daniel Nest: http://nest-expressed.com/
Leunam Remeark: http://www.leunam-remeark.com/
James Pickering: http://www.agalaxycalleddallas.com/
Cait O’Sulllivan: http://caitosullivan.blogspot.co.uk/
Luiz Santos: http://luizsantosmusic.sharedby.co/share/lyovwN
Lee Fitzsimmons: http://leefitzsimmons.com/
Many thanks for those of you who follow and read this blog, and to those who have kindly told others about the musings of Mark Brandon Allen.
Be sure to check out all of these Versatile Blogger blogs……………